Friday 5 August 2011

Experiences...Thing 10

I'm going to cheat here and claim that what I blogged in'Thing' 7 also answers this 'Thing'
I entered the profession as a library assistant and was happy with that for many years. I progressed as far as I could as a para-professional, joining the LA (now CILIP) as an affiliate member. I attended lots of CPD events and kept up-to-date with the profession.
I was delighted when the Framework of Qualifications was launched and soon started gathering evidence for Certification. I wasn't successful first time around...but with the help of a brilliant mentor (more of this in the next Thing) I was successful second time.
Having ACLIP enabled me to get my first professional post...and since April 2009 I have been working on my Chartership application.
This new route has allowed me to achieve things I never thought I would and I feel very proud to belong to the profession. Social networking allows me to 'meet' so many interesting members of that profession and share tips, knowledge etc.
Libraries (and Librarians)...long may they live!

No comments: