Tuesday 28 June 2011

Branding...sounds painful!

I Googled my name and the first hit was my LinkedIn account. Then followed Facebook. JustGiving was next in the list and it was nice to see I wasn't just a gossip!  But Twitter came hot on it's heels so I guess I am!!!
I was sorry not to see this blog...then realised I have used only my first names for it, and not my surname. Now I see why consistency is best. It would be much better to link all my activity on the internet.
I also need to create links to my social networking on my blog.

Nothing came up that I wouldn't want employers etc to see. I'm very careful what I say in public forums...that's an age thing I guess!  At work we are reminded to be very careful how we use social networking as we work with young people (although for them ANYTHING goes on Facebook etc!)

If you are reading this post can I ask you to comment on what you see on my blog and what you think it says about me. Who do you think 'Paulamarie' is?

3 comments:

JoMac said...

Hi Paula! From looking at your blog I would say that you make good news of new technologies but are also careful that you come across in a measured, professional way!

paula.short said...

thanks Jo...you have got me spot on!
Paula

JoMac said...

sorry meant good use not good news!