Saturday 3 September 2011

Thing 14

Firstly, I've fallen behind in the Things v weeks.  Once GCSE results were published we've had students banging on the door every day to enrol for their A levels, BTECs etc. In these difficult economic times all College staff have to turn their hand to Enrolment, so I feel I haven't been a 'librarian' for a while now!
Returning to this course is a bit of a shock when I realise how far I've been out of my 'real' job. Seems ages since I worked with students on planning and preparing their research and producing bibliographies. Tools like those described in this 'Thing' seem way above the level of help I offer to 16 - 18 year olds. But I'm forgetting myself! I may wish to use such tools for work I'm doing myself, maybe not even connected with my job. I intend, therefore, to find some time to have a look at them and report back in a blog at a later date, hopefully!

No comments: