Saturday 3 September 2011

Thing 15 Attending/presenting/organising events

I have to admit...even the thought of attending a large event at the moment frightens me, let alone the terror of having to organise it or, horror of horrors, speak at it!!! My confidence is low and I need something to give me a boost. There have been major changes at work over the past few months, staff disrupted and disgruntled, new job descriptions to sign, and certainly a fear of the unknown. This is contagious and has left everyone feeling anxious.
My new job title is Learning Centre Co-ordinator...and I have to admit that I'm not totally sure what the role entails. If anyone out there is currently in this role I would love you to explain what it is you do! As Campus Librarian I was fine. I understood my role. Suddenly I've had a Curriculum Liaison Officer added to my team, and a Learning Technologist. I don't think I'll meet with Curriculum staff any longer or work directly with students on planning their assignments (which I so enjoyed.)
So as you can see, something BIG like an event would not be in my comfort zone right now! And yet, I have enjoyed attending lots of events in the past. Maybe some kind of meet-up locally is just what I need to make me feel purposeful once again.
Is there anything planned in the north-east???
See...I AM ready to attend something...I might even be ready to help organise something...just don't ask me to be a SPEAKER at anything yet!!!

No comments: